This is a game that supports addition to 10.
- Using a standard deck of cards, remove all face cards. Aces will be used as 1’s.
- On a table, arrange 12 cards face up.
- Take turns finding a pair of cards that add to be 10. The 10’s can be removed individually.
- Rather than taking turns, whoever sees a sum of ten first says, “I see 10!” That player will take the cards. In this version, whoever has the most matches wins!
- Place cards face down, and take turns turning up two cards. If the pair has a sum of 10, keep the match and go again. If not, say the sum and turn the cards face down again. Game ends when all cards are matched.